
1.) Audrey Hepburn - Who doesn't love AH?! She is my idol/icon... The more I get to know Audrey, I fall in love with her even more. She is a woman with impeccable taste... She prefers clean cuts and lines for clothes... And she is ever loyal to her designer (Hubert Givenchy) just like me... Ohhhh... I just can't get enough of Ms. Holly Golightly!

2.) Carine Roitfeld - Before she became the editor-in-chief of French Vogue... She was a stylist for Elle Magazine and among others... I love her because like the other people on this list, she is indeed a woman of style... Known for her clean cut pencil skirts and blazers/jackets... I love how she can intimidate people with her presence... All of them in awe of her great gift of style.

3.) Christian Lacroix - His runway shows will never be labeled boring... All his pieces are one of a kind... Bursting with lively colors, cuts and symmetry. His runway spectators will never get disappointed. A man who is never afraid to play with colors, either for his haute couture or ready to wear pieces. Christian Lacroix is a legend...

4.) Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel - Who doesn't look up to our dear Coco? She is the epitome of a modern woman's style. She invented the LBD, the Tweed Jacket and skirt combi, the pearls and the lace... It's all very Coco. I love how she wants to stand apart from everyone. Never afraid to become different... And knows what she wants. I love her. I dooo... I wanna be like her someday.

5.) Grace Coddington - Oh myyy... She loves black, and you'd never think that she's a stylist until you see her work... That's what I love about her... Please watch the September issue if you want to know what I am talking about. I love how she enjoys composing romantic editorials/pictures... Fictional editorials... Hmmm... She inspires me more than anybody in this world... I am her biggest fan to date. A very gifted and talented woman. I love her beyond words could ever say.... Oh Grace, what I wouldn't do to be you someday!

6.) Hubert Givenchy is probably the reason why our dearest Audrey Hepburn is one of the most stylish woman in the world. He made all her unforgettable dresses... Who could ever forget that red Givenchy dress she was wearing while walking down the stairs? Hubert Givenchy will always be remembered through his wonderful creations... All classy, with clean cuts and lines... Just the way Audrey likes it.... And me too! :)

7.) Karl Lagerfeld - He is fashion's living LEGEND... Also known as the Magician... Building out of this world gorgeous sets for his Spring/Summer collections... Designing for two of Paris' powerful fashion houses (Namely FENDI & CHANEL)... The man knows NO boundaries, when he wants to do something... He'll make sure he'll gets it and he'll get it good... Have you heard of the real plane flown into the set? What about the magnificent Iceberg? Known for putting the Chanel back into the fashion map... A living legend to the Fashion World. His passion for haute couture got him to where he is now... All hail Karl!

8.) Lauren Conrad - Okay... She's no fashion icon... But she is one of my style idols... I love her laid back/California girl style... So comfortable, yet so classy! Off shoulder tops + Leggings + Short denim shorts + Chanel... So Lauren and sooo ME!

9.) Pierre Balmain - I think that people are giving too much attention to designer labels like Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci... That they tend to be too common... Or too generic. I don't know... This is just my opinion. That's why I enjoy vintage pieces. Because they're one of a kind. Nobody is ever going to have the same one... I like being different. That's why I admire people like Coco and Pierre. Because somehow they're known because they're different. They don't follow trends... They stick to the classics. Balmain house is still known for their well fitted jackets/blazers with power shoulders... Leather booths, fatigue, punk... Edgier and more rugged ready-to-wear pieces. Sometimes, I think most designers lose themselves when designing a line for a certain season that they tend to make things that look a bit ridiculous. I don't know... This is just my personal POV... I like well fitted dresses and jackets... I like clean cuts... I adore clothes that could last for ages and through trends and seasons... Just like Balmain.

10.) Sarah Jessica Parker - I am very fortunate to grow up during the Sex and the City era... I love Sex and the City... Sarah Jessica is the only person who made me (And I guess all the women in this world) wish that I have my own walk--in closet in my small apartment! Sarah Jessica Parker for me, is proof that good things come to those who wait... She has been in the industry for quite some time... Nobody knew who SJP was until Sex and the City... She tried all the roles (She was even a witch in the movie Hocus Pocus), she never gave up and kept on going... And look where she is now. So this gives me hope that someday... When the right time comes, I will be great too! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment