Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Project DIY Wedding: Vintage Paper

Since I'm stuck at home for the next few days...
Might as well be productive and take care of all my wedding stuff.
I want my wedding to have a vintage, rustic, and shabby chic feel. Since my invites is really coming out pretty well, I want the other wedding stationery to go towards that same direction.
But this time, I'll have to do it myself. I've always been into making stuff, organizing parties (a la Martha Stewart)... I lost that side of me when I got busy with my new job. I'm not complaining though, like what I've said in my previous post, I looove my job. It's just that there are times when I wish I have more time to do the normal things... But then again, you can't have the best of both worlds.

MOVING ON...Along with my collection of Fashion Coffee books are my Arts & Crafts books. My favorite is Big-Ass Book of Crafts by Mark Montano. This is a really nice book for people who like arts & crafts, however... There are just some projects that I find a bit difficult and well, not my type. But if you would like to get some techniques and ideas on your next projects, then I recommend this book for you. The book actually inspired me to make this project...

Check out my finished product... It's not actually finished, because I'll be using them for my tags. You'll see the super final finished product on my wedding! (I'm still waiting for my stamp pads!)


MATERIALS & INSTRUCTIONS:


1.) Sachets of coffee (Tea can also be used as an alternative... I tried using tea, but... Coffee's the bad-ass in this contest!)


2.) White (Board) Paper.


3.) Metal tray/Cookie tray...
Anything you could use to dip your paper into...
So what you're seeing here is also the first instruction...
POUR 1/2 CUP OF COFFEE INTO THE TRAY...
TRY NOT TO PUT TOO MUCH WATER.


DIP YOUR PAPER... TRY NOT TO SOAK IT, OR ELSE IT'LL GET SOGGY THAT IT COULD TEAR. PAPER CAN GET WEAK AND FALL APART, SO WORK FAST AND SET IT ASIDE!


THEN PUT IT ON A SERVING TRAY OR A NEWSPAPER
AND LAY IT OUT TO DRY...

WHEN ARTWORK IS DRY, IT IT'S NOT AS ANTIQUE-Y LOOKING AS YOU'D LIKE, YOU MAY WANT TO SPRAY SOME MORE COFFEE ON IT BY USING A SPRAY BOTTLE AND LETTING IT DRY AGAIN. YOU CAN REPEAT THIS PROCESS, DEPENDING ON HOW WORN YOU'D LIKE THE PIECE TO LOOK.

ONCE YOU ACHIEVED THE EFFECT YOU'VE WANTED, FLATTEN IT FURTHER BY PUTTING IT BETWEEN BOOKS OR MAGAZINES BEFORE YOU USE IT.

BTW, If puddles of coffee or tea form in places on the artwork. That only helps enhance the overall effect process.

2 comments:

  1. very cool, and looks fairly simple. I'd love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! My son is getting married next year and they want the same decor as you. I sent this on to my future Daughter in law

    Carol

    ReplyDelete